Our best garlic shrimp recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Garlic shrimp recipes
Chili Garlic Lime Shrimp
Mix everything well in a large glass bowl
- 2 pounds steams jumbo shrimp
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic
- Juice of 2 fresh limes
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons chilli oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Fresh chopped parsley
Crispy Mini Chicken and Shrimp Spring Rolls
By Pascale Weeks
Skip the takeout diet, and make your favorite chicken and shrimp egg rolls in your kitchen.
Shrimp flambéed with whiskey
cook the shrimp in olive oil with garlic and parsley and then burn them with whiskey
- - 14 oz of shrimp
- - 1 clove of garlic
- - 1/4 bunch parsley
- - pepper
- - Scant 1/4 cup of whiskey
10 steps to Asian salad bliss
By Pascale Weeks
A step-by-step recipe for the grapefruit, shrimp and rice vermicelli salad that's going to rock your summer lunches!
Steamed Butterflied Shrimp with Minced Garlic
Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan over medium-low heat
- 1)14 oz (400g) whole Gulf Shrimp, or any other high-quality variety
- 2)4 – 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3)1-inch ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4)1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 5)1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 6)2 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 7)½ teaspoon salt
- 8)2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Garlic Shrimp Pasta
Cook pasta as directed, Drain, return to pot, stir in spinach, tomatoes, and 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lb medium shrimp, no tail
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp parsley