Steamed recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Steamed recipes
Steamed Butterflied Shrimp with Minced Garlic
Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan over medium-low heat
- 1)14 oz (400g) whole Gulf Shrimp
- or any other high-quality variety
- 2)4 – 6 garlic cloves
- finely minced
- 3)1-inch ginger
- cut into thin matchsticks
- 4)1 scallion
- thinly sliced
- 5)1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 6)2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 7)½ teaspoon salt
- 8)2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Steamed Zucchini, Squash, and Edamame
Mix all ingredients together in a microwave safe bag- Zip and Steam bags
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup diced squash
- 1 t olive oil
- 1/2 t seasoned salt
DIRECTIONS: Cut the ribs into portion sized sections and rinse
- Rack of baby backribs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
Karadai (vella adai and uppu adai)....a steamed snack.
This snack is made and had with butter
- Wet rice flour
- Shredded coconut
- Steamed cowpea or thattapayiru