Tuna and Green Bean Pasta Salad
- 8 oz tricolor corkscrew pasta
- 8 oz green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 can (6.5 oz) tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup pitted sliced black olives (optional)
- fresh basil springs for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook pasta according to package directions but do not add salt. About 7 minutes before pasta is done, add green beans to pot. remove pot from heat, add onion. Drain mixture in a colander, rinse under cold water and drain again.
While pasta mixture is draining, in a large serving bowl, combine dressing, parsley, and chopped basil. Mix well.
Add drained pasta mixture to dressing mixture. Add tomatoes, tuna and olives. Toss to coat. Garnish with basil sprigs. Serve immediately.