VEGAN FRENCH TOAST
My mom used to make a similar version for me when I was a kid. I learned the recipe from years of watching her make them and then I veganized it.
- Whole wheat toast
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flaxseed, ground
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Mix together all ingredients except bread. Submerge bread in batter.
Fry in lightly oiled pan over medium heat until no longer mushy.
Top with powdered sugar or maple syrup to serve.
You'll also love
- VEGAN NUTMEG PANCAKES WITH VEGGIE... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ POBLANO PUFF PASTRIES 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Microwave potato chips 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Garden Bruschetta 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Carrot Souffle 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4/5 (317 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Vanilla Peach Butter 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Garlic bread toast 3.9/5 (173 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!