- 3 TBSPNS yeast
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups warm water
- 1 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSPNS salt
- 12 cups flour
- vanilla sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
mix together yeast, sugar and warm water. cover and let it bubble. add the oil, eggs, and salt. try that the salt doesn't touch the yeast. add the flour one cup at a time and knead. cover and let it rise. punch down and knead again. Braid brush egg and sprinkle with vanilla sugar on top. Bake at 180C/350F for around 20 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!