Vanilla French toast
The kids love these with cinnamon and lots of syrup.
- 6 Slices of Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk (you can use flavored Coffee Mate)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Butter (Land O' Lakes)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Get your eggs and ingredients out. Crack your eggs into a large bowl and mix the milk, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together. HEAT your pan and use butter.
Dip your bread into the mixture and put the wet bread slices in your hot pan. Carefully watch your food and make sure the slices brown and then place them into a plate covered in powder sugar.
Sometimes I like using brown sugar with the butter inside the pan and toast the slices in the butter and brown sugar.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!