Creole Rice Cake
By Mimilafee sur son blog Mimilafée avec amour
- - 8 oz special dessert rice
- - Generous 2 cups of milk
- - 3 eggs
- - 1/2 cups sugar
- - 3 knobs of butter
- - 8 oz Chocolate
- - 2 tbsp sour cream
- - 5 tbsp rum
- vanilla bean
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- Cook rice 3 minutes in a pan of boiling water then drain. Bring milk to boil with the vanilla and pour rice in milk. Simmer 25 minutes. The rice should be fluffy.
- Remove from heat, stir in beaten eggs, sugar, salt, a knob of butter and rum. Pour into a loaf pan and bake in a bain marie (water bath) in the oven for 30 minutes.
- When the cake is done, prepare the chocolate cream. Pour a little water in a saucepan, add the chocolate, broken into pieces. Melt, stirring. Add sour cream and butter.
- Pour cream over chocolate.
You'll also love
- Simple Cake 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Cookies and Creme Rice Krispy 4/5 (15 Votes)
- The Best Chocolate Cupcakes 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel... 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Carpaccio 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Coconut Filled Chocolate Cake... 3.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Strawberry Short Cakes 2.6/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe