Want to try something new with turkey meat? Turn it into a healthier homemade jerky! Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce seem like an unlikely combo but this recipe is absolutely delicious.
- 1 lb turkey meat (boneless breast meat is best)
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tbsp Meat Tenderizer
- 2 tbsp Garlic Powder
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Slice turkey thinkly across the grain, set aside.
Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add turkey. Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
Gently the turkey slices dry with paper towels (don't rub off the marinade). Place them in the food dehydrator in a single layer, and let dry until the jerky takes on a leathery texture but remains chewy.
If you don't have a dehydrator, you may dry the turkey in the oven on the lowest setting. Just leave the door slightly ajar to let the air circulate.
For spicier jerky, add 1 tbsp crushed red pepper, 2 tbsp pepper sauce, and 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.