Panna cotta with Roquefort and Figs
By Claudine Fort
- 3 oz Roquefort
- 1 2/3 cups cream
- 2 sheets of gelatin
- chopped walnuts (or pistachios).
- 4 large figs or 2 or 3 per person so small
- scant cup of Pineau des Charentes rosé
- scant 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- a little walnut oil (or any other neutral oil) to grease the molds
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
- Grease your panna cotta molds.
- Heat the cream, add the blue cheese and rehydrated gelatin. Pour into molds and leave a minimum of 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Reduce Pineau des Charentes rosé to create a syrup.
- Serve the panna cotta unmolded on a plate, place the figs, add the reduction of Pineau des Charentes rosé.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
You'll also love
- Risotto with mushrooms 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- tasty mac n cheese 3/5 (160 Votes)
- Cream of Chicken Soup with Fresh... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Endive Salad with walnuts and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Swiss Stuffed Chicken Breast 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Salad "Necklace" 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Mexican Cake 4.4/5 (43 Votes)
- Pana cotta with Mascarpone 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!