Figs recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Figs recipes
Baked Fresh Figs with Rasberry and Walnuts
By EasyCookin, Easy Cooking with Molly
Fresh figs, baked to perfection along with rasberry and walnut
- 10 whole Fresh Figs
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon Raspberry Jam
- ½ teaspoons Ground Cloves (optional)
Panna cotta with Roquefort and Figs
By Claudine Fort
- Grease your panna cotta molds
- 3 oz Roquefort
- 1 2/3 cups cream,
- 2 sheets of gelatin,
- chopped walnuts (or pistachios).
- 4 large figs or 2 or 3 per person so small
- scant cup of Pineau des Charentes rosé,
- scant 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp sugar
- a little walnut oil (or any other neutral oil) to grease the molds
Sorghum and Fig Bars
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Get the taste of Bourbon in homemade sorghum and fig bars!
Tatin of Figs with Ham
By Menthe Poivrée
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F - Rinse and dry figs
- - 12 fresh figs
- - 1 roll of puff pastry
- - 6 slices of ham
- - 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- - 1 1/2 tbsp butter for the mold
- - Pepper
Fig salad with orange
Wash the orange and grate the zest
- 12 fresh figs
- zest of one orange
- scant 1/2 cup sugar cane syrup (substitute corn syrup if cane is not available)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 3 cloves
By aurore CANELA
Preheat the oven to 450 F
- phylllo dough