Sorghum and Fig Bars
Explore the delicious products from Bourbon Barrel Foods
Get the taste of Bourbon in homemade sorghum and fig bars!
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350. Place figs in a small bowl, cover with hot water and soak for 10 minutes. Remove the figs from the water with a slotted spoon and process in a food processor with Pure Cane Sorghum and 1 TBS of the water used to soak the figs. Process until smooth. With an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, and milk. Add flour. Roll dough between parchment to form two 12x4 inch rectangles. Spread the fig mixture on one half of each rectangle- spreading up the 12 inch side and leaving a ½ inch border. Fold the dough on top of itself and press the edges. Cut each log into 10 cookies and transfer on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
You'll also love
- Low-Carb Chocolate Cheesecake"Ice... 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Baby's First Sundae 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Sorghum Fried Cornbread 2.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Caprese Salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Bar Oatmeal Cookies 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Baked Oatmeal Bars 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Tatin of Figs with Ham 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Fig salad with orange 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.