Roquefort waffles with Pear Foam
- For waffles
- * 1 cup flour
- * 1/2 teaspoon baking
- * 3-4 oz Roquefort
- * 1/2 stick butter
- * 2 eggs
- * 1 cup milk
- For the mousse with pears
- * 1 tsp agar agar
- * 4 pears
- * 1 egg
- * 2 tablespoons sugar
- * 10 oz fromage blanc 0% fat*
- *If you cannot find fromage blanc at your local store try substituting greek yogurt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 4mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Waffles: 1 - Warm the milk to melt the butter and blue cheese, cut into pieces. 2 - Put the flour in a bowl. Make a well and add eggs. Turn with a wooden spoon to gradually mix the flour and add yeast. 3 - Gradually add the flavored milk, the dough should have no lumps. 4 - Heat the waffle iron, oil and cook the waffles 4-5 minutes and set aside.
- Cut the pears, mix, and set aside in a pan.
- Break the egg and separate the white from the yolk.
For the yolk: add 1 tablespoon sugar, agar and 1/3 of your fromage blanc. Put in the pan with pears and whisk for a smooth mixture.
- Place the saucepan over low heat and heat 2 minutes, stirring, then remove from heat. 4 - Whip the remaining cheese smooth and add to cream with pears. Beat the egg white until stiff. At the end add the remaining sugar and whisk for a few seconds. Fold in white cream with pears and refrigerate at least 2 hours before assembly.
Assembly: Take a waffle with Roquefort, depositing a layer of pears mousse and cover with second waffle. Serve with a green salad.
You'll also love
- Lemon curd 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Baked Cabbage and Potato Omelet 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Grilled cheese with apple 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Taco Bites 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Roquefort and Mushrooms Quiche 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pear juice with vanilla 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pear Salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- chocolate milk 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This easy dessert is melt-in-your-mouth YUM!
3/5 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of flour
1.25 cups of almond flour
1/2 cup of butter
2/5 cup of water
1/4 cup of sugar
Review this recipe