Easy sweet potato recipes for every occasion - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Easy sweet potato recipes
Sweet Potato Custard
- 1 Large Can Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Milk - Enough to make thin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies
Clean and peel 1 sweet potato
- Sweet potato, peanut butter, all purpose flour, baking powder, virgin olive oil, milk, ginger, cinnamon
Smoky Sweet Potato Grits
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Explore the delicious products from Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 1 sweet onion, chopped finely
- 4 TBS butter
- 4 TBS olive oil
- 3 TBS Bourbon Barrel Foods’ Worcestershire
- 1 TBS Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 TBS hot chili pepper
- 1-2 TBS Bourbon Smoked Salt
- and ">Pepper
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cups cooked sweet potato flesh
- 5 TBS cream cheese, room temperature and cut into pieces
- 2 1/4 c whole milk
- 2 3/4 c corn grits
- 4-5 c chicken stock
- 2 1/2 c shredded parmesan
- Fried egg, meatballs, bacon, or shrimp
Sweet Potato Pie
Rich and decadent tasting but surprisingly healthy using sweet potatoes (yams) and yogourt!
- Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lg. egg + 3 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tbsp. coarse sugar for decoration
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 3cups cooked, crumbled sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 cup yogourt
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp each of ground allspice, clove, nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Rosemary Honey Sweet Potato Goodies
Cut 1 sweet potato length wise into 4 long pieces and then cut those 4 long pieces in half
- Sweet Potato, Honey, Rosemary, Ginger
Sweet Potato Casserole
I use pecans this really the best casserole I've had
- Sweet potato casserole
- 3 cups of cooked sweet potatoes (tall can) 1 cup sugar 1 stick butter 1 tsp. vanilla 2 eggs Beat and place in buttered dish Topping 1 cup of light brown sugar 1/3 cup of flour 1/3 cup of butter 1 cup walnuts or pecans Mix with fork or fingers, pour over potatoe ingredients and top with nuts bake for one hour at 350.