Easy sweet potato recipes for every occasion - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Easy sweet potato recipes
Sweet Potato Custard
- 1 Large Can Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Milk - Enough to make thin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies
Clean and peel 1 sweet potato
- Sweet potato, peanut butter, all purpose flour, baking powder, virgin olive oil, milk, ginger, cinnamon
Smoky Sweet Potato Grits
By Bourbon Barrel Foods, Bourbon Barrel Foods
Explore the delicious products from Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 1 sweet onion, chopped finely
- 4 TBS butter
- 4 TBS olive oil
- 3 TBS Bourbon Barrel Foods’ Worcestershire
- 1 TBS Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 TBS hot chili pepper
- 1-2 TBS Bourbon Smoked Salt
- and ">Pepper
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cups cooked sweet potato flesh
- 5 TBS cream cheese, room temperature and cut into pieces
- 2 1/4 c whole milk
- 2 3/4 c corn grits
- 4-5 c chicken stock
- 2 1/2 c shredded parmesan
- Fried egg, meatballs, bacon, or shrimp
Sweet Potato Pie
Rich and decadent tasting but surprisingly healthy using sweet potatoes (yams) and yogourt!
- Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lg. egg + 3 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tbsp. coarse sugar for decoration
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 3cups cooked, crumbled sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 cup yogourt
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp each of ground allspice, clove, nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Rosemary Honey Sweet Potato Goodies
Cut 1 sweet potato length wise into 4 long pieces and then cut those 4 long pieces in half
- Sweet Potato, Honey, Rosemary, Ginger
Sweet Potato Casserole
I use pecans this really the best casserole I've had
- Sweet potato casserole
- 3 cups of cooked sweet potatoes (tall can) 1 cup sugar 1 stick butter 1 tsp. vanilla 2 eggs Beat and place in buttered dish Topping 1 cup of light brown sugar 1/3 cup of flour 1/3 cup of butter 1 cup walnuts or pecans Mix with fork or fingers, pour over potatoe ingredients and top with nuts bake for one hour at 350.