Rice Gratin with vegetables
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 8 oz (1 cup) of rice
- grated Gruyere
- herbes de provence
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel the zucchini (you can leave the skins, but I peel mine because my kids don't like them), cut into cubes. Fry in a little olive oil in a cocotte or any oven safe pan. Put in the oven. Meanwhile, wash the tomatoes and cut into cubes also, add the zucchini. Add salt, pepper, herbs de Provence. Cook the mixture until the tomatoes are well blended. Add the rice and, if needed, a little water. Simmer until rice is cooking.
Turn off the heat, put the grated cheese on top and put in the oven to brown.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!