Green vegetable soup
A healthy soup with broccoli and wild cabbage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 120ml dry white wine
- 2 – 3 medium heads of broccoli
- 750gr roughly chopped wild cabbage and/or spinach
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 littre organic vegetable stock
- 250ml milk (you can replace with double cream, I just wanted to be lighter)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crème fraîche or sour creme (to garnish)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Start by preparing all the vegetables. Finely chop the onion, carrot, garlic, and chives. Roughly chop the broccoli heads and the kale and spinach.
In a large soup pot heat the butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add the onion, carrot, and bay leaf. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent.
Add the garlic, cooking until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add the kale and spinach, season with salt and pepper and cook until the kale and spinach are just wilted.
Add 2 tablespoons of chives stirring to incorporate. Pour in white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Simmer for 2 -3 minutes.
Pour in the vegetable stock and all of the broccoli. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the broccoli is tender.
Remove the bay leaf and carefully blend the soup in batches in a standing blender or directly in the pot.
Return the pureed soup to the pot and bring to a simmer over low heat. Stir in the milk(or heavy cream), lemon juice and additional salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Serve and garnish bowls with a dollop of sour cream and the remaining chives.
You'll also love
- VEGETABLE SOUP 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Cinnamon apple slices 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- ASIAN STEW 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Simply Beef Enchiladas 4.2/5 (40 Votes)
- Super Easy Broccoli Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Mixed Broccoli Salad with Grapes... 4.6/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.
Review this recipe