Turnip ka bharta ( Seasoned mashed turnip)
A delicious turnip dish bearing a resemblance to baba ghanoush.
- 1) Turnip 7-8 small sized
- 2) Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- 3) Tomatoes 2-3 ( or 1/2 canned tomato)
- 4) Onions ( 1/2 of a full sized onion)
- 5) Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1)Wash the turnip, and with the help of a peeler peel off the skin.
2) Cut into bite sized pieces.
3) Pressure cook the turnip with little salt and 1/2 cup water for 2 whistles.
4) In the meanwhile cut the onions and tomatoes into thin small squares.
5) Heat a pan with little bit of oil, add the onions and cook till they are caramelized to a slight brown color, add the tomatoes.
6) Cook the tomatoes till they are soft and the oil starts to leave the sides of the pan, you can add little bit of oil to the pan to cook faster.
7) After two whistles remove the pressure cooker from heat and keep aside, till all the steam has been released.Carefully open the pressure cooker and drain the turnip into a colander.Keep aside. To be safe place the pressure cooker under running cold tap water to let go off all the steam.
8)Noe add the drained turnip to the onion tomato mixture while mashing them up with a spoon.Mix well, add salt to taste,and coriander powder.
9) Cook for 5 minutes,turn off burner,and cover the pan and let it rest till serving time. Heat it up ad serve with Indian flat bread( Roti) and yogurt raita.
You'll also love
- Red tamarind chutney for chaat -... 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Peach Bellini 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage Balls 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Fried Pickles 2.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Wheat Halwa 2.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip 2.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Country Style Mashed Potatoes 2.8/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!