EASY DIY HERBED CHEESE SPREAD
By Culinary One
What’s a good healthy snack add on, rich in calcium and easy as 1-2-3? Why cheese of course! But then ain’t plain cheese a bore at times? Of course you’ll find an assortment of different kinds of cheese concoctions to choose from at the store but the thing is you can take matters into your own hands and veer away from store bought preservative laden varieties.
So here’s a quick question, why not make your own herbed cheese at home? I promise you won’t spend too much time on it and you’ll save some money too!
- • 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- • ½ a tomato
- • 2 triangles of Gouda Cheese
- • 5 leaves of Oregano or Basil or any herb you like, chopped
- • a dash or 2 of Chili Flakes
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 3mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
In a skillet, heat Olive oil. Throw in your garlic and stir a little bit until it looks a bit like it has crisped.
Throw in your chopped tomatoes. Let saute and wait til garlic becomes golden brown.
Add in the Gouda Cheese and stir it in to melt.
Add your chopped herbs. Stirring continuously. Then, add in your chili flakes.
Serve on the side with sliced and toasted country bread. In a sandwich with your favorite ham, salami or roast beef cuts. May also be used as pasta sauce! Just add in more olive oil and voila. Your version of cheesy herbed Aglio Olio!
You'll also love
- Easy Chicken Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Stuffed Green Peppers 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Vietnamese Salad Rolls 3.3/5 (313 Votes)
- Garlic Bread Dip 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
- Cheese Dip 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Quinoa Potato Cakes 2.7/5 (181 Votes)
- Easy Stuffed Manicotti 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Shrimp Cream Cheese Spread 2.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!