- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2.5 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dashi
- 1 nori sheet cut in half
- 1 avocado
- 0.25 cucumber sliced lengthwise and thinly
- 1 tbsp Japanese mayo
- 60 grams crab meat
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
To make the rice: combine rice vinegar, sugar, salt and dashi with rice then cover with cloth until ready to assemble sushi.
To make the crab mixture: combine mayo with the drained crab meat.
Assemble: press half the portion of rice onto nori sheet. flip over, add half of the cucumber and crab meat and a quarter of the avocado. roll the sushi on a bamboo mat. for the other avocado quarter, cut thinly and place at the seam of the roll. press and roll again. cut with a sharp knife.
You'll also love
- Red mullet fillets on mushrooms... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Warm Potato Salad 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Guacamole 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Crab Dip 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Cucumber and Tomato Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Side- Tomato & Avocado Salsa 3.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Modified Smith Island Crabcakes 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Tuna and salmon makis 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!