Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 18.25 ounce package yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325, Grease 10in bundt pan
In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, cream cheese, oil and vanilla. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Stir in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
You'll also love
- Raspberry / White Chocolate Cookies 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll 3.7/5 (35 Votes)
- Strawberry Carpaccio 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Sweet Cakes 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Whipped Short Bread Cookies 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken Things 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!