Creamy Irish Colcannon
Bring your potato mash to a whole new level by turning it into creamy Irish Colcannon! Mix buttery mashed potatoes with sautéed kale and leeks, top it with spring onions and a knob of butter.
- 2 lb Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Salt
- A pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 cup sliced Leek
- 2 cups packed Fresh Kale
- ½ stick Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Adapted from happyfoodstube.com
Wash, peel and dice the potatoes. Throw them in a pot and pour water in (add just enough water to cover all the potatoes). Add 2 teaspoons of salt and cook until they are done.
Meanwhile: Sauté the leek and kale in a frying pan with half of the butter (over low-medium heat). Make sure not to burn the butter.
When the potatoes are done, drain the water and using a potato masher or fork mash them until smooth. Stir in the rest of the butter and milk. Add black pepper and salt to your taste.
Finally, add in the sautéed veggies and give it a good stir.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.