Farmhouse Sicilian Pasta With Potatoes
- Farfalle (bow tie pasta) 1/2 packet
- Potato,peeled 1 1/2 medium
- Carrots 1 medium
- Salt to taste
- Broccoli 1 small
- Red capsicum 1 medium
- Virgin olive oil 2 - 3 tablespoons
- Garlic 4 - 5 cloves
- Black peppercorns,crushed 1/2 teaspoon
- Basil leaves a few
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Dice potatoes. Heat plenty of water in a deep non stick pan and place a sieve in it.
Put the potatoes in the sieve. Dice carrot and add along with salt and let the vegetables cook.
Cut broccoli into small florets. Dice red capsicum. When the potatoes are half done add farfalle.
Heat extra virgin olive oil in another non stick pan. Crush garlic cloves and add and sauté till lightly burnt. Add red capsicum and sauté till soft. Add Sicilian sauce and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Add broccoli to the potato and pasta and let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain and add to the sauce in the second pan and mix well.
Add crushed black peppercorns (you can use crushed red chillies instead). Tear a few fresh basil leaves and add.
Add a little of the water in which the pasta and vegetables were cooked. Mix well and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Eggplant parmesan 3.1/5 (189 Votes)
- Thai Peanut Turkey Burger 3.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Oven Chips 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Scratch Mac & Cheese 3.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Monkfish Tails with Mustard 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Garlic & Parmesan Roasted Potatoes 3.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Patsy Gritz's Lasagna Toss 3.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Great Red Pepper and Beef Chili... 3.6/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Do you put the pasta in without waiting for the water to boil? Add oil? Forget the salt?
Review this recipe