- 3 pounds of chicken cut up, 1/4 cup of shortening, 1/2 cup of flour, 1 large onion sliced, 1/2 green pepper chopped, 2 cloves of cut up garlic, 1 large can tomatoes, 1 small can tomato sauce, 1 can mushrooms drained, dash salt, 1/2 tsp. oregano, pasta (spaghetti)
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
In a large frying pan melt shortening. Coat chicken with flour and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer about 40 minutes or until chicken pieces are done. Cook pasta and put it on each individual plate then put the chicken cacciatore on top of it.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.