Caramelized Apples and Cheese Verrines
By Lix , blog : Food Box
- 2 apples
- 16 oz cream cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1 - Peel the apples, cut into small cubes, put in a pan with a little butter and lemon juice, sugar and caramelize.
2 - Mix your cream cheese with sugar.
3 - Alternate between layers of apples and cream cheese, ending with a few apples in the middle and a few drops of caramel.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!