15 simplified Julia Child recipes to celebrate her birthday in style
Celebrate Julia Child's birthday on August 15th by paying homage to her classic French recipes with these easy, simplified versions!
This is the ultimate, foolproof roast chicken recipe. Start with a 3 pound chicken. Wash, dry and truss it, then sprinkle the inside cavity with ½ teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon softened butter. Finally, rub the skin with 2 tablespoons butter. Place in a roasting pan, breast side up, in a 425 °F oven. Roast the chicken until the skin is brown and crispy and when poked, the juices run clear. You can also baste the chicken from time to time as it roasts.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French classic gets turned upside-down with tangy, caramelized cherry tomatoes!
- Bread, in chunks
- Grated Parmesan
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup of milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cherry Tomatoes
- In a bowl, mix together the bread chunks, grated Parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and cup of milk.
- In a pot, combine the sugar and Balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil until it has reduced (it should be a little thicker).
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and place them in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Cover the tomatoes with the reduced vinegar and a layer of Prosciutto.
- Cover everything in a layer of the bread mixture, and cook at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip upside-down... and enjoy!