Many cooks make macaroni and beef with ground beef. Try it by using some good chunks of beef and spice it up with paprika, then you'll have goulash.
- 1 lb. stewing beef or steak
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cut up celery stick
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- 8 oz. uncooked macaroni
- 1 25 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 2 t. sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Brown the cut-up beef in small amount of hot oil. Add onions. Cook few minutes more to saute onions. Add water to barely cover and cook until meat is tender. In the mean time, cook macaroni until tender and drain only.
After meat is tender, add the tomato paste, sauce, tomatoes, celery, green pepper, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Cook until slightly thickened. Add the sugar and cooked macaroni.
Add a teaspoon of beef granulated bouillon to make it even more flavorful!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.