Caramel Cake Sauce
A southern favorite
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1-1.5 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. bourbon, brandy, or cognac
- pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In medium saucepan melt butter, salt, and sugars together, stirring constantly.
Bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes, continuing stirring constantly.
Whisk in alcohol.
Remove from heat in whisk in heavy cream.
Serve warm or cake, cobbler, or any dessert.
Don't "pre-sauce cake". This is sauce is best when served hot off the stove. So deliver it straight from the stove or serve in a chafing dish or crockpot to keep warm.
You'll also love
- Bread Pudding 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Caramels 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Cookies And Cream Milk Shake 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- sweet and sour sauce for beef 3.8/5 (34 Votes)
- Caramel Cinnamon Latte 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes 2.9/5 (64 Votes)
- Country Fried Steak 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Starcrunch cookies 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.