Tomato Basil Pasta
- 12 oz Linguine
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sweet Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano Leaves
- 2 Large Spring Basil Chopped
- 4 ½ Cups Veggie Broth
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil in a large pot. Pour in veggie broth sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated
Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot. Serve garnished with parmesan.
You'll also love
- Whole wheat Vegetable Lasagna 4.3/5 (48 Votes)
- Green Bean Soup 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Tofu Yassa 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
- Garlic bread toast 3.9/5 (98 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn A recipe for the Italian soup you... 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Clams 3.7/5 (63 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Parmesan Tiramisu 3.9/5 (80 Votes)
- BASIL PASTA 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!