Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad
Hearty salad makes a meal when you add a hearty bread on the side
- 1 & 1/2 pounds Round or top sirloin Steak
- 4 Small red or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 pint Cherry or Grape tomatoes
- 1 60z. package Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- 1 small jar Capers
- Assorted Mixed Greens (Romaine
- Bottled Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing
- Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Pan sear the steak to rare (well caramelized outside, red in the middle. Allow to rest.
Boil the potatoes skin on until al dente. Slice into 1 inch wedges
Cut tomatoes in halves, Slice red onion as thin as possible.
Mix greens with the onions, capers, tomatoes and toss potatoes. Toss with vinaigrette, add bleu cheese crumbles. Place on chilled serving plates
Slice steak as thin as possible cross wise, place strips randomly on top of salad. Add kosher salt & fresh ground pepper as desired
Variations: Add a hard boiled chopped or sliced egg to each plate. Serve additional dressing on the side. This salad can also be used in a pita pocket!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!