Classic Potato Salad with Egg
- half a 32 oz bag (4 cups) southern style hash browns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle juice
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tbsp diced sweet pickles
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 hard boiled eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook hash browns with 1 tsp salt in 1 qt boiling water, covered, until tender.
Now combine 1/4 cup mayo, 1/4 cup Sour Cream, 1 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 1 tbsp sweet pickle juice and 1 1/2 tsp mustard. Mix until smooth
Add 1/4 cup chopped celery, 3 tbsp diced sweet pickles, 2 tbsp Chopped onions, 2 hard boiled eggs diced and the warm hash potatoes.
Toss lightly. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.