Roasted Apricot, Creamy Mozzarella & Basil Pesto
By Carole Altergusto
- Ingredients for 4 glasses format "classic verrine glass"
- 8 apricots
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese (drained net weight)
- scant 1/2 cup full cream liquid
- Thirty basil leaves
- Fifteen whole almonds
- 3 tbsp of almond syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven 350 ° F
Wash and dry apricots. Cut in half and gently remove seeds. Lightly grease a large baking dish with a paper towel soaked in olive oil. Arrange the apricot halves, flesh side up and spread the honey on apricots. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool.
Drain the mozzarella, cut into pieces and mix with cream. Store this mixture in the refrigerator, it must be beaten very fresh in a mortar (or a blender), mash the basil leaves. Add the almonds and grind them coarsely. Add the maple syrup and olive oil. Mix well.
Arrange the glasses just before serving: put some mozzarella cream using a pastry bag in the bottom of each glass, then add four roasted apricots, gently pour a tablespoon of pesto and finish with mozzarella cream.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!