Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Quick and easy homemade pesto with fresh herbs and sun dried tomatoes. Makes 1/2 cup of Pesto.
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Wash and dry the basil.
Place the basil in the bowl of a blender or food processor. Add the salt and press a clove of garlic into the bowl. Add the Parmesan cheese, tomatoes.
Process the mixture. Add the olive oil and process again until a thick paste. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Place any unused pesto in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!