Pesto Bacon & Tomato Dip
Bacon, basil pesto, and the sweetness of finely chopped sun dried tomatoes combine with the cream cheese and other ingredients to make a flavorful dip that is perfect for serving at any get together.
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 4 slices bacon
- cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated aged Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- green parts only
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Average budget
In a food processor, pulse sun dried tomatoes and pesto until tomatoes are finely chopped. Remove from food processor and place in a large bowl. Add bacon. Place remaining ingredients in food processor and process for 45-60 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl every 15 seconds, until smooth. Spoon into bowl with tomato mixture. Stir until combined. Place in a small shallow serving bowl. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables for dipping. Makes about 2 cups.
A food processor makes the prep time for this delicious dip minimal. If the sun dried tomatoes are in oil, drain well.
You'll also love
- BLT Dip 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Honey Mustard Dressing 3/5 (9 Votes)
- Baba Salad 3/5 (11 Votes)
- Radish and goat cheese 2.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Articoke Pastry Puffs 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Knorr Garlic Spinach Dip 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken Breast 2.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Tamago & Dragon Sauce 2.9/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Amp up your bruschetta, with a flavorful French twist!
- 3/4 Cup of blue cheese
- 1/2 Cup of cream cheese
- Green peas (cooked)
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Slices prosciutto
- Mix together the blue cheese and cream cheese.
- Spread onto toast.
- Top with green peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and prosciutto.