Turkey Carcass Italian Soup
This will really s-t-r-e-t-c-h that turkey because you use the carcass to make this yummy soup. Good to the last drop, I always say.
- Bring to boil and simmer for two hours. Strain the bones in a colander
- saving the broth created.
- When cool
- pick remaining turkey meat from the bone and place into the broth.
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 can of chopped mushrooms
- 1 stalk of celery
- diced or chopped
- pepper to taste
- 2 t. chicken bouillon granules to taste
- Cook until carrots are tender about 20 minutes.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Start by crushing down the bony turkey carcass into a large pan of about 12 cups of water. (Add more water later if a lot boils away)
Noodles or dumplings can also be added to really stretch the soup!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.