Tex Mex Chicken Goodness : )
a favourite over rice the first day and with tortilla chips the next!
- 1 big boneless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 peppers
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 onion sliced really fine if you want one
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
slice the chicken thin and put into slow cooker with taco seasoning and flour. Stir.
slice peppers really big and put in with corn and salsa. Stir well
cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4
I use a bone-in breast if that's what I have in the freezer. Just put it in full and pull it out to bone it and shred it at the end.
2 T of taco seasoning is 1/2 a package.
good with or without the onion :)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.