One skillet chicken dinner with sauce that is also great over noodles or dumplings.
- 1/4 cup fat or salad oil
- 2 to 3 lbs ready to cook chicken
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 teasp. paprika
- 1 teasp. salt
- 2 tablesp. hot water
- 1 tables. flour
- 11/2 tablesp. cold water
- 1 cup sour cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Heat fat or oil in skillet. Brown chicken slightly on all sides. Add onions: sauté until onions are tender. Add Paprika, salt, hot water. Simmer covered, 20 min. or until fork-tender. Remove chicken to heated platter or warmer: keep hot.
Into liquid remaining in skillet, stir in flour blended with cold water. When thickened add sour cream at last minute. Heat, but do not boil; pour over chicken to serve.
add pasta to make the meal go farther.
You'll also love
- Baked Fried Chicken with Paprika 2.9/5 (265 Votes)
- Parmesan Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (106 Votes)
- Hearty Polish Sausage Dinner 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Polynesian Meat Balls 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken/Steak Fajita 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Classic Chicken and Dumplings 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mother's Chicken and Dumplings 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Oriental Cole Slaw 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.