Classic Chicken and Dumplings
- 7-8 chicken bouilion cubes
- 3-4 Pieces of chicken
- 4 Tbs butter (or 1/2 stick)
- 2-3 eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Fill a dutch oven almost half way with water, Add broth and bouillion cubes
add chicken and cook at least 45 min. to 1 hour on medium to low heat.
set chicken aside, but kee p broth boiling slowly.
Take eggs and beat them.
scoop out 1 cup broth, trying to skim off butter and then add to eggs.
Add salt and pepper and beat again
start adding flour until you're able to work with the dough.
Roll dough out thin on floured wax paper. Cut into strips no wider than an inch. do the same the other way until they are squares.
Pick up squares and add to broth.
Repeat until dough is gone.
cut or tear chicken and add to broth. cook at least 30 min adding salt and pepper as needed.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.