Polynesian Meat Balls
- 2 pounds ground beef, 3/4 cups rolled oats, 1/2 tsp. onion salt, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, dash of salt, 7 tbsp. soya sauce, 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk. Sauce is 8 oz. tin of crushed pineapple drained, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp. corn starch, 1 cup beef broth, 1/2 cup vinegar, 2 tsp. soya sauce. Approximately 6-8 cups of cooked rice.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In a large skillet take first ingredients for meatballs and mix together very well and form small balls and brown them. After browned simmer until done. Take the sauce ingredients, mix together and bring to a boil. When thickened it is finished. About 10 minutes. Cook rice and pour saucy meatballs over the cooked rice.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These tasty stuffed cabbage rolls are so easy!
- 1 onion
- 5 - 6 thick rashers bacon
- 1/2 lb sausage meat
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 cabbage head
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, then add onion, and meat.
- Add tomato paste, bell peppers, garlic and salt, and simmer till cooked through
- Boil 1 whole cabbage head in salted water till tender
- Spoon mixture into individual cabbage leaves, and fold carefully to form little rolls
- Serve with any remaining mixture