Ellia's favourite - especially with lots of peas!
- 1 diced onion
- about a pound of hamburger
- half a package of onion soup mix
- a package of mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- the same can of milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
cook onion and hamburger, adding mushrooms near the end
add onion soup mix, then mushroom soup and milk. Blend well and simmer 15 minutes or so. Serve over rice or egg noodles.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.