Sole recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Sole recipes
Sole Medallion with foie gras
By Gilles Goess Hostellerie La Briqueterie, France
Preparation of sole: - Fillet of sole, beat well, season with salt and pepper, lay thin slices of foie gras on top ...
- - 3 soles fillets about 1 lb each
- - 2 lbs of potatoes fingerling
- - 2/3 cup butter
- - 1 oz truffle
- - 3.5 oz of foie gras
- - Scant 1 cup veal stock
- - Scant 1 cup fish stock
- - 3/4 cup shallots
- - 3/4 cup mushroom
- - 3/4 cup of port
- - Salt
- - Freshly ground pepper
Sole and Roasted Vegetables
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 1 1/2 C sliced zucchini (cut about 1/4" thick)
- 1 1/2 C coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1 C chopped green pepper
- 1 C chopped red pepper
- 1/2 C coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 C chopped potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb sole fillets
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice