Sole recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Sole recipes
Sole Medallion with foie gras
By Gilles Goess Hostellerie La Briqueterie, France
Preparation of sole: - Fillet of sole, beat well, season with salt and pepper, lay thin slices of foie gras on top ...
- - 3 soles fillets about 1 lb each
- - 2 lbs of potatoes fingerling
- - 2/3 cup butter
- - 1 oz truffle
- - 3.5 oz of foie gras
- - Scant 1 cup veal stock
- - Scant 1 cup fish stock
- - 3/4 cup shallots
- - 3/4 cup mushroom
- - 3/4 cup of port
- - Salt
- - Freshly ground pepper
Sole and Roasted Vegetables
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 1 1/2 C sliced zucchini (cut about 1/4" thick)
- 1 1/2 C coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1 C chopped green pepper
- 1 C chopped red pepper
- 1/2 C coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 C chopped potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb sole fillets
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice