Recipes with port - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Top rated Port recipes
Sole Medallion with foie gras
By Gilles Goess Hostellerie La Briqueterie, France
Preparation of sole: - Fillet of sole, beat well, season with salt and pepper, lay thin slices of foie gras on top ...
- - 3 soles fillets about 1 lb each
- - 2 lbs of potatoes fingerling
- - 2/3 cup butter
- - 1 oz truffle
- - 3.5 oz of foie gras
- - Scant 1 cup veal stock
- - Scant 1 cup fish stock
- - 3/4 cup shallots
- - 3/4 cup mushroom
- - 3/4 cup of port
- - Salt
- - Freshly ground pepper
Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port Sauce, Carrots, Potatoes, and Parsnips
By aaron, The Hungry Hutch
Check out more recipes from The Hungry Hutch
- 1/2 rack pork loin (~2-3 lbs)
- vegetable oil
- 2 cloves, garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- red potatoes
- 1 cup dried mission figs, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup tawny Port
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. butter
Bruschetta with Port-Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese, and Pecans
By morselsofparadise, Morsels of Paradise
Bruschetta gets a gourmet treatment with slowly caramelized, port wine simmered onions and a blue cheese spread wit...
- 1½ teaspoons butter unsalted
- 1½ teaspoons oil
- 1 pound yellow onions (3 medium onions)
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup port
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup pecans toasted and finely chopped
- 5 slices thick cut toasted bread