Recipes with port - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated Port recipes
Sole Medallion with foie gras
By Gilles Goess Hostellerie La Briqueterie, France
Preparation of sole: - Fillet of sole, beat well, season with salt and pepper, lay thin slices of foie gras on top ...
- - 3 soles fillets about 1 lb each
- - 2 lbs of potatoes fingerling
- - 2/3 cup butter
- - 1 oz truffle
- - 3.5 oz of foie gras
- - Scant 1 cup veal stock
- - Scant 1 cup fish stock
- - 3/4 cup shallots
- - 3/4 cup mushroom
- - 3/4 cup of port
- - Salt
- - Freshly ground pepper
Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port Sauce, Carrots, Potatoes, and Parsnips
By aaron, The Hungry Hutch
Check out more recipes from The Hungry Hutch
- 1/2 rack pork loin (~2-3 lbs)
- vegetable oil
- 2 cloves
- garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- red potatoes
- 1 cup dried mission figs
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup tawny Port
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. butter
Bruschetta with Port-Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese, and Pecans
By morselsofparadise, Morsels of Paradise
Bruschetta gets a gourmet treatment with slowly caramelized, port wine simmered onions and a blue cheese spread wit...
- 1½ teaspoons butter unsalted
- 1½ teaspoons oil
- 1 pound yellow onions (3 medium onions)
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup port
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup pecans toasted and finely chopped
- 5 slices thick cut toasted bread