Caramelized - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Top rated Caramelized recipes
Caramelized Baked Chicken Wings and Legs
Better double the recipe.
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken legs
- 1 2/3 tablespoons olive oil (to help it stop sticking to the pan)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 2/3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
Bruschetta with Port-Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese, and Pecans
By morselsofparadise, Morsels of Paradise
Bruschetta gets a gourmet treatment with slowly caramelized, port wine simmered onions and a blue cheese spread wit...
- 1½ teaspoons butter unsalted
- 1½ teaspoons oil
- 1 pound yellow onions (3 medium onions)
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup port
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup pecans toasted and finely chopped
- 5 slices thick cut toasted bread