Cooking with scallops and bacon - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Scallops and bacon recipes
Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou and Bacon Chip
By sbeck32, Chef Beck Catering
great appetizer for elegant dining
- 1/4c canola oil
- 12 large scallops
- 1L spicy scallop marinade
- 2 tbsp cilantro pistou
- 4 pieces thick-sliced bacon
This chowder is perfect for me if were talking about consistency
- 2 slices of bacon (not smoked
- salt pork)
- 2 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups potato
- 1 cup carrot (can replace with another cup of potato)
- 4 cups half and half (mix 1/4 cup whipping cream to 3/4 cup whole milk per cup)
- 2 cans chicken broth (no salt)
- 2 cans clams with liquid
- 1 can of hot water
- 1 can worth of mini scallops (can replace with a 3rd can of clams)
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of flour
Diver Selected Scallops
Lightly cook bacon. Allow to cool, wrap slices around scallops; use toothpicks to secure
- 10 large sea scallops
- 10 strips of bacon
- 8 oz clarified butter
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 4 egg yokes
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper
- roasted and diced
- pinches of salt
- cayenne pepper
- 10 toothpicks