Egg in the Hole
Toast and egg all in one!
- Per serving - 1 slice of bread and 1 egg
- butter for frying
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Butter both sides of bread and cut the center out using a shaped cookie cutter like a heart or use a jar lid.
Put the bread and the cutout in a frying pan and drop a pat of butter in the hole to melt (turn the stove to medium low). Crack egg open into the hole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper or seasoned salt. When bottom is browned, gently flip over and cook to desired yolk hardness. Flip cutout as well.
Using spatula, transfer all to plate and dip the cutout and the edges of the bread in the yolk.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!