- 10 lasagna noodles cooked just until firm
- 1 medium can tomato sauce
- Small ground beef
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper finely chopped
- 3 tbsp italian seasoning mix
- 1 250ml container cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- Optional 1can spinach drained
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Sliced mozzarella
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In large frypan cook ground beef and vegetables until vegies are soft and beef is browned and crumbled. Add tomatoe sauce and seasoning mix
In bowl mix together cottage cheese and egg, spinach if using and parmesan cheese
In a rectangular deep baking dish spread a bit of tomatoe sauce mix. Then layer noodles. Add a thick layer of beef sauce . Top with some mozzarella cheese. Add another layer of noodles. Spread all of cottage cheese mix ovr. Top with another row of noodles. Top with more tomatoe sauce mix if have and then more noodles. Cover the top with lots of mozzeralla
Cover dish with foil tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Bake another 1/2 hour without foil. Let stand 1/2 hour before slicing and serving
Lining the dish first with parchment paper will make cleanup easier. The lasagna can be arranged and then stored either in the fridge for up to 2 days or after wrapping tightly in the freezer for up to 3 months
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!