Favorite Kiddie Fares Go Gourmet
Gourmandize Grows Up
Adult-friendly ideas to pay homage to your most cherished childhood food traditions. Looking to wander even further down memory lane? Read Childhood Food Favorites Turn Modern Day Monstrosities.
Mac & Cheese
--> Gruyere, Proscuitto and Jalapeno Chip Crusted Mac & Cheese
--> Caramelized Apple Brie and Bacon Grilled Cheese
--> Pina Colada Popsicles
Find recipe here.
Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
-->Walnut; Proscuitto, Chevre and Honey Pizza Pockets
--> Bento Boxes
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.