American Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grease and flour bundt pan.
Cream together shortening, butter, & sugar until fluffy.
Add flour & eggs.
Alternate beginning & end with flour.
Add salt, vanilla, & lemon.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Allow to set 10 minutes before turning out on rack.
Optional: Can frost the cake or dust with confectioners sugar.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (394 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (230 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.8/5 (217 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!