Savories- cheesy Tandoori Wraps
- 1 pound Boneless Chicken Pieces, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon Ginger Paste
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 3 tablespoons Plain Yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Tandoori Powder
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and finely sliced
- Tortilla Wraps
- Few handfuls Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Tomatoes
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
First, marinade the chicken. Into a bowl, mix the chicken strips, ginger paste, garlic paste, plain yoghurt, red chilli powder, tandoori powder, salt and lemon juice. Set aside to marinade overnight or for a few hours.
Or use straight away, if you’re in a rush.
Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan. Add the sliced onion, and cook until it softens. Then, put in the marinated chicken strips.
Stir fry for a few minutes, and then turn the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Uncover and turn the heat to high. Stir fry until the chicken dries out, and then remove from the heat.
To assemble the wrap, take a tortilla. Put the cooked chicken in the middle. Then, place on the grated cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato and green yoghurt chutney.
Fold the wrap tightly into a rectangle, and place in a hot pan which has been oiled slightly. Keep your eye on it, and turn after a few minutes. You want both sides to be a lovely golden brown colour.
Carry on making the rest of the wraps.
Slice wraps in half (if desire) and sere with fries!
The tandoori chicken can be substituted for any flavored chicken or meat!! Be Adventurous!!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ready to try these quick and tasty smashed potato cakes?
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Sour cream
- Boil and drain the potatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with parsley, minced garlic, cilantro, shredded cheese and milk.
- Mash the mixture thoroughly.
- Shape into palm-sized balls, then flatten on a sheet pan
- Put in oven for 20 min at 355° F
- Layer, spreading generously with sour cream
- Garnish, and enjoy!