- Tandoori Chicken
- 10 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 21/4 lbs / 1.1 kg)
- ½ cup bottled Tandoori marinade (see Tip)
- Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (28 oz/798 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 ½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup light sour cream (not fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cashew/almond butter (Tip)
- Hot cooked basmati rice (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Poke raw chicken thighs in several places with a fork. Place chicken in a large, heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag. Add Tandoori marinade to bag. Turn bag several times to coat chicken with marinade. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place chicken thighs in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Do not overbake the chicken, or it will be dry. When cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to the butter chicken sauce as directed in recipe.
Butter Chicken Sauce
1. While chicken is baking, make sauce. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook slowly, stirring often, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add gingerroot, chili powder, turmeric, ground coriander, cinnamon and cumin. Cook 1 more minute. Add drained tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
2. Transfer half the sauce to a blender and purée until smooth. Return puréed sauce to pot with remaining sauce. Mix well and return to heat. Stir in sour cream, cilantro and cashew/almond butter. Add cut-up Tandoori chicken and mix well. Cook just until chicken is hot. Serve over hot basmati rice, if desired
You'll also love
- Indian yellow lentils with zucchini 3.2/5 (229 Votes)
- Chicken Cabbage Soy Noodles 3.2/5 (153 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Cesar Pasta Salad 4.7/5 (31 Votes)
- Tilaphia with rice and tomatoes 3.6/5 (118 Votes)
- Sour Cream Chicken 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Minute Chicken tagine 3.4/5 (198 Votes)
- Meat Curry 4.7/5 (89 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!