Chicken in Salt Crust with Garlic Confit
By Sandrine , blog Mirette-aux-fourneaux
- 1 chicken
- 5 cups flour
- 1 1/3 lbs coarse salt
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1 head of garlic Lomagne
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400 ° F
Mix salt, flour and water to make a ball of dough. Flatten the dough and spread it on baking paper. The dough should be large enough to wrap the chicken.
Sprinkle chicken with thyme, pepper and on top stick 3 unpeeled garlic cloves.
Place chicken in the center of the dough and wrap the chicken.
Place chicken wrapped in dough in a baking dish. Add garlic cloves, unpeeled, in the dish with a drizzle of olive oil and thyme. Bake for 2 hours.
Break the crust and serve the chicken with garlic confit and roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.