10 Fruits To Fall In Love With This Season
These fruits are luscious, nutritious and very much in season. Here's all you need to know about the best fall produce.
Fresh and Fall
Who says that summer is the only time for fresh fruits? Here’s our list of some common and some rare but mostly seasonal autumn fruits that you can't pass up. They're vibrant, bursting with vitamins and won't fail to satisfy your sweet fruit cravings.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!